Steam Generator Sizing Calculator
Please follow the steps below and use the look-up table to establish the correct size of the Insignia Steam Generator required for your steam room.
Calculate your room size by multiplying the length x width x height, in feet, to establish your cubic footage.
Adjust the cubic feet size from step 1 to take into account the materials being used in your steam room.
- For natural stone or marble multiply the cubic footage from step 1 by 2.0
- For ceramic, porcelain, or glass blacks and tiles multiply the cubic footage from step 1 by 1.35
- If using any other material for your steam room, please consult the manufacturer for their recommendations in a steam room environment
To take into consideration any exterior walls.
- For no exterior wall, make no additional calculation at this stage
- For 1 exterior wall multiply the adjusted figure from step 2 by 1.1
- For 2 exterior walls multiply the adjusted figure from step 2 by 1.2
- For 3 or more exterior walls please contact Insignia direct for guidance
Make a final adjustment based on your ceiling height.
- For ceilings up to 8 feet, make no additional calculation at this stage
- For ceilings between 8 feet and 9 feet multiply the adjusted figure from step 3 by 1.15
- For ceilings between 9 feet and 10 feet multiply the adjusted figure from step 3 by 1.3
- For ceilings above 10 feet please contact Insignia direct for guidance
You will now have your adjusted steam room cubic capacity to establish the correct Insignia Steam Generator for you
The following example calculations are based on a steam room measuring 5 feet long x 6 feet wide x 8 feet high. The walls are marble and there is 1 exterior wall:
- Step 1. Cubic footage: 5 x 6 x 8 = 240 cubic feet
- Step 2. Materials adjustment: 240 cubic feet x marble 2.0 = 480 cubic feet
- Step 3. Exterior wall adjustment: 480 cubic feet x one exterior wall 1.2 = 528 cubic feet
- Step 4. Ceiling adjustment: Ceiling height is 8 feet so no additional adjustment is required
- Adjusted cubic footage for this steam room = 528
Finally, using your completed adjusted cubic footage figure as guidance, use the look-up table below to establish the best Insignia Steam Generator for your steam room:
|Adjusted Cubic Foot Range||Steam Generator Size||Link to Generator Product Page|
|Up to 125 cubic feet||3Kw Steam Generator||3Kw HomeFit System|
|125 - 250 cubic feet||6kW Steam Generator||6kW Steam Generator|
|250 - 325 cubic feet||7.5kW Steam Generator||AIO 7.5kW Steam Generator|
|325 - 400 cubic feet||9kW Steam Generator||9kW Steam Generator|
|400 - 475 cubic feet||10.5kW Steam Generator||AIO 10.5kW Steam Generator|
|475 - 575 cubic feet||12kW Steam Generator||AIO 12kW Steam Generator|
|575 - 700 cubic feet||15kW Steam Generator||AIO 15kW Steam Generator|
|700 - 825 cubic feet||18kW Steam Generator||AIO 18kW Steam Generator|
- If your steam room has a skylight or outside window, please select the next largest size generator to compensate
- Any skylights or outside windows must be double-pane and sealed from the inside
- Generator voltage must match existing local utilities - 240 volt or 380 volt for 3 phase connections
- For optimal performance, ceiling height should not exceed 8 feet (10 feet max)